Hey friends, I know it's been a little quiet around here but we have been on the mend from the flu. No fun at all but thankfully Miles seemed to dodge the pesky sickness! In between taking care of my sick hubby and chasing around a crazy boy, I managed to do a pretty cool and easy DIY for my kiddo's denim and I LOVE the way they turned out.
fabric of your choice (choose a cool pattern that will stand out)
denim jacket or vest
needle + thread
1. Cut a basic outline of the fabric you're going to sew.
2. Line it up to the jacket as best as you can, pin it down and do your final cutting so that your fabric is perfectly placed for sewing.
3. Sew the fabric to the denim, take your pins out and your done!
A few tips...
- I hand sewed mine but feel free to use a sewing machine.
- I chose to work with the top half of my vest but another cool idea is to add more fabric to the front of your denim next to the collar and about the top pockets.