Home Daily Reads Thrifting Crafts and DIY Contact About Us

Monday, December 5, 2011

My Mama Monday

Mom and sister 1985

Hi, Ive been absent the past few days. Since Thursday its been mama and me time! It is ALWAYS lovely having her visit Portland. We were hoping Miles would make his grand appearance this weekend while his nannie was here but no! Stubborn boy. Steve and I went to the hospital on Friday night hoping it was time but false labor sent us home. I was having a really hard time with the contraction pains in my back and the midwife on call was starting to freak me out about the amniotic fluids perhaps leaking so in we went with our hospital bags in tow thinking it was the big day. Alas after 5 hours of monitoring contractions and his heartbeat and tests and walking... we were sent home. Boo! But the upside was that Mom and I were able to have the whole weekend together which was in itself really special considering its the last time ill be with her before I'm a momma myself.

1 comment:

  1. Aaah Cora! The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. Dang lil buggers! Hang in there you are so close!

    ReplyDelete